The Chocolate Room Experience


The chocolate room gift shop, looks like a little bakery and has this beautiful Taj Mahal made of chocolate.
"Ma'am can I take your order?" asked the attendant.
"yeah sure. I would like to have a umm..a cookie and creme shake, a hazelnut granita..no an affogato, a..chocolate brownie sizzler, no a choco choco choco sundae.. and.."
And the attendant looked at me, smiled and said he would come back after few minutes.
Yeah they have a nice and long menu of every chocolate delicacy you could think of. And I being such a big chocolate fan got so confused that I wanted to order each item listed there.
But then the attendant came and told that due to some technical glitches they are short on dishes. (Now I don't know if it was unfortunate or a blessing in disguise because now atleast I could scale down to a few dishes and place my order.)
And so I ordered three items (because I wasn't that hungry..I was just drawn to the place due to its name ☺)

 Sunday brunches have a become a common exploit for me these days. Eat, pray, sleep and repeat has become my mantra.(A bit of work too) And this way I ended up in THE CHOCOLATE ROOM the other sunday.(Though its been a while since this said Sunday has passed, but better to be late than never)
So where was I...The Chocolate Room..Yeah..I ended up going here because I have been there before as well and so I knew it was good and every-time I pass the place I do have a yearning to get in. Also they have teamed up with Colonel Kebabz serving a variety of kebabs and side dishes. Plus its very near to my place, so I don't have to think twice before going.

Its a small place but well designed keeping in mind its name. You can come in as a huge group for party or for just casual dining. (There was a small get together going on when I reached) Since the place is small you may have to suffer from waiting. But lucky me I was right on time to get a place.

Yeah one more thing..CAUTION: Do not even look at this place if you are dieting . This place is meant for those who don't give a shit to the number of calories that gets into their bodies at a time (and for those diet chart cheaters also).

Finally after luring over all the listed items in the menu (even after the narrowed search possibilities), I decided on having a Chocolate Ecstasy Shake (you know the reason why..its all in the name), A Dahi Kebab Platter and a Chocolate Brownie Sundae.


The service was fast enough(I gave a little grace to their technical issues because I knew what was coming up). The shake and the kebabs were served and suddenly my hunger came running back seeing that cream topped devil of a shake. Did I tell you I have this special corner in my heart for servings with lots of whipped cream. That mere sight of yummy cream over the shake was enough to make me delusional.
And then I tasted it..(cream first obviously..still a kid at that) and it was in one word celestial! Lovely blend of chocolate, cream and best part was that it wasn't very sweet or strong. (I have had bad chocolate shakes as well..believe me) It was thick and in short perfect. I LOVED IT.



Now tasting the kababs, they were nice too. I have had dahi kebas before as well and I liked the flavour. (If you haven't tried you shoud try them out, also known as Dahi ke Sholay in some restaurants). The light sour taste of yogurt combined with a crunchy cornflour covering served with green chutney is a dish you wouldn't want to miss. In no time the kebabs vanished from the plate and so did the shake.



Finally they served our chocolate brownie ice cream. There are people who get tired of eating chocolate,,but I'm not one of them. If blended with the right mood and palate, I can definitely go on having it forever ☺
The ice cream was tempting. (you can make out that from the picture.) Again like a kid I love the confetti over it. And it tasted like the classic brownie and ice cream you have. Not too much chocolate to make it bitter. And the I liked the plating too.

All in all it was a lovely experience, the dishes being ravishing (good serving according to the prices) and the atmosphere being warm and friendly. My second visit to the place has left me wanting for more, so a third visit is definitely on the cards.

Thank you chocolate room for an amazing Sunday Brunch.
And here is their facebook page link for you to be updated about new chocolaty events. 

Comments

Popular Posts