Tricolour Mini Idlis- Happy Independence Day

At the stroke of midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. India celebrated its 69th year of independence today, celebrated the freedom that was attained by the tireless and unstoppable efforts of our freedom fighters, by the in-numerous sacrifices made by them to let us have an un-oppressed life of equality and justice. We shall never forget that this freedom is a gift left for us by those heroes. We will always be proud of our country India.

I celebrated today by listening to PM's speech, watching people fly kites(since I dont know how to, otherwise I would have definitely) and making this really easy yet colourful dish- TRICOLOUR IDLIS.

Not much of a recipe to share, all of us know how an idli is made but still this was my way of celebrating independence day. And this is for all mommies out there to surprise their little ones with.







Hope you guys like it and all mommies out there you should try this out, I'm sure your kids would love to have it, It pretty and super healthy.

The recipe is given below. Follow my page on facebook, instagram, twitter and pinterest to get all updates about my new posts and tid bits of my life. ☺

TRICOLOUR MINI IDLI

INGREDIENTS
Idli/Dosa dough (homemade or store bought packets)                                             100gm
Salt                                                                                                                               as per taste
Food colour(orange and green)                                                                                   1/2 tsp

METHOD

1) Divide the batter into three equal parts.
2) Add the food colour to two parts-one being orange and one green.
3) Pour this dough into the idli maker. I used the mini idlis and so got around 45 mini idlis.(Really tiny tots)
4) Steam these idlis. And they are ready to serve with any kind of chutney or pickle(Achar) you love.

If you guys want I might do a seperate post on different kind of chutneys you can make for idlis and dosas.
Keep giving me lots of love.

Happy Eating.
Happy Independence Day. ☺


Comments

Popular Posts