Navratri Thali- Kuttu poori, Potato Gravy, Lauki Raita and Makhana Kheer

The Navratri season is on and its one of the most colourful times of the whole year. The soulful music of Bhajan, the energetic dance beats of Garba, the vibrant dresses of Dandiya, pandal hopping at Durga Puja and most of all the yummy food that surrounds you.

For some of us the food options traditionally become a little limited due to fasting for 9 days. Bye bye all that yummy mouth watering Pujo food(and all non veg). But who said you can't have delicious food while fasting.

I made a variety of dishes this Navratri, which trust me are not just tasty but very efficient in making also (working girl issues, you can only make quick and easy recipes).
Since there have been so many that I have divided this post in 3 parts featuring different dishes.

Best part? They are so good and filling that you can make it any time. No need to wait for Navratras or someone else to fast.

My Navratri Thali wasn't a big spread but enough for 4 at home. Kuttu Poori, Potato Gravy (Aloo Sabzi with Gravy), Lauki Raita( Bottle Gourd Yogurt) and Makhana Kheer (Dried Fox nut Sweet). Small yet yummy, easy yet traditional. Try making these at home and I'm sure you will love them as much as we do.

I'm not sharing recipes in this post as it will be too much. Do let me know if you want them. You can always reach out through my Facebook or Instagram page- @The Warm Toast or just comment below in the post and I'll get back to you with the recipe.

Hoping you have fun this festive season and have a great year ahead.

VRAT/ NAVRATRI THALI

LAUKI RAITA (BOTTLE GAURD YOGURT)
KUTTU POORI AND ALOO SABZI (BUCKWHEAT FLOUR BREAD & POTATO GRAVY)

MAKHANA KHEER (FOX NUT & MILK SWEET)



Comments

Popular Posts