Fest Food Escapades


Hey there all my foodies. How are you? Long time no see. I know this space has been long neglected and I haven't been able to post anything for a long time now. My heartfelt apologies. Actually I had a lot on my plate with presentations, college fests and the after effects of the combination of ice cream and changing weather. Huh!(Hate prolonged flu).

 But no..this isn't an abandoned well anymore, I am back to fill your plates now and that too with yummy dishes. And this time its not just what I make but what I eat too. Yeah, you got it right..wherever I go, you also come with me and enjoy all those tasty delicacies that Delhi has to offer. Be it the bustling eat outs in the campus, the avant garde luncheonettes in khan market, the sumptuous cafes at Hauz Khaz or the aromatic lanes of old Delhi..we will travel to every place and I will tell you which place offers what.

Being a foodie myself I am always out there to try new places and flavours. And now I feel I should share my experiences with you too, so that the next time you plan a lunch or a dinner you have a guide. But don't worry dishes that I make are going to be here only for you to relish and even try.

But before my posts go that way I'd really like to share my experience of the annual fest of my college- CROSSROADS. (which kept me busy) It is my last year and I had decided to enjoy every bit of it. Though a lot of things did not go the way we wanted but at the end of the day it was a delightful experience.


FEST = TASTY FOOD + DRESSING UP + DANCING + GAMES + RIDES + LOTS OF PICTURES + YUMMY FOOD AGAIN :)

I had an assortment of dishes (and gained a kilo. Huh). Starting from day 1- Woodstock, we enjoyed Amit Trivedi's upbeat and cheery performance, sang with him, danced to his tunes and had a lovely night. And talking about the day I freaked out on the rides a bit(super fun), clicked loads of pics and gorged on some really appetizing dishes.

We had paneer as well as chicken rolls. They were spicy, tangy and the green chutney served with it blended nicely with the saucy taste of the filling. Have a look at the fillings, they are mouth watering.




Then there were these pastries and other confectionery items which were in one word heavenly. Soft, creamy and sweet..what else do you want?




Day 2 was a bit of a disappointment because of the sudden rains that washed away all our plans. But that was all covered up on day 3 by the sheer dedication of the students' union. Another amazing day with performances by Atif Aslam and DJ Akcent. 
And then came the final day and the DJ Night. We danced a lot, played some more games, had plenty of food, in short we had a gala time.

We had these yummy paneer sawarma rolls which was served with a mayonnaise dip and some green chutney. it was scrumptious (except for the little burnt corners. I know you can see them.) 


Then we had the very famous street food- The Ram Laddoo i.e moong dal pakodas. Lots of onions, radish, corianders with green chutney and hot pakodas was the flavour of the day. Best combo during rainy weather.
 


And so, the much awaited fest came to an end. I couldnt put all that I had because the post was getting longer and longer. But its festive time again with Holi and i'll be back soon sharing my holi feast with you. Till then look at all the yummy food above (and get jealous of me) or go out and have some. Our streets have a lot to offer. Also if you find new and interesting places to eat out do tell me in the comments.
Bon apetit. :)

Comments

  1. Try Ram Ladoo at Lajpat nagar market if you haven't already. They are the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried them. But I will surely try the next time I go there. Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete
    2. No, I haven't tried them. But I will surely try the next time I go there. Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts