Lemon Zest Cake with Lemon Glaze - Eggless

When life gives you lemons, take some flour and sugar..and bake a cake. It may not solve your problems but it will definitely put your cravings at an end. ☻ (And let people wonder how you did that..haha)

Its been a while since I have written in this space. Blame it all on my new office routine (I had told you I got placed..eee). The office is lovely but travelling isn't. I really don't even get a second to spare in my entire week. Finally now that I have started to gel in with the timings and work, I'm able to give quality time to my hobbies and creative spaces.


I had a lot of posts lined up so you would see a variety coming up on the blog very soon. Thought I should start with this lovely Lemon Zest Cake with Lemon Glaze fulfilling the demands of my dear foodies out there.
Also I had promised an amazing blogger that I would try her recipe and post it soon. So this one is for Radhika Malhotra from Sugar N Spice by Radhika and  I have to say I absolutely loved this recipe. It was way different from things I generally bake. A very simple recipe but with a lot of flavour and zest!

Before I start off with my recipe details there was another good news I wanted to share with you guys. The Warm Toast has been featured..yet again..(yayyie)
Black Is Pink featured me in its list of Delhi Bloggers You Can't Miss. And I'm overwhelmed...literally. Thank you so much guys. This is such an encouragement..two features in a month.







Without much ado, now lets get on with our cake.
The ingredients are pretty simple and the method too.
I was thinking to change the way I present my recipes to you..as to make it shorter and crisp. This way we save time and you can find things easily.
I will just present a pictorial representation of the step by step recipe..and then you can have the list of ingredients and method below it. Hope its cool with you.

For the Cake.


For the Lemon Glaze




This cake is a lovely twist to the regular ones we have because of its tangy glaze. Hope you like it. Keep on showering your love in the future also. Love you all foodies. The recipe is in brief below. For the original one head to Sugar N spice by Radhika.

LEMON ZEST CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE


INGREDIENTS


For the Cake
Flour                                            1 cup
Baking Powder                         1 tsp
Baking Soda                              1/2 tsp
Brown Sugar                             3/4 cup
Buttermilk                                 1/2 cup
Butter                                          1/2 cup
Lemon Zest                               2-3 big lemons
Vanilla Essence                        1 tsp
Milk                                             1/2 cup

For the Glaze
Icing sugar                               1 cup
Lemon Juice                             2-3 tbsp

METHOD


1) Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
2) In another bowl mix together the powdered brown sugar and butter till it becomes soft and fluffy.
3) Add the dry ingredients to this in three batches and fold lightly. 
4) Simultaneously add the milk and buttermilk slowly and fold.
5) Finally add the lemon zest and vanilla essence to this mixture.
6) Preheat the oven at 180°.
7) Grease the cake tin or loaf tin with oil and flour mix.
8) Pour the batter into this and bake at 160° for 35-37 minutes.
9) Do the fork test after 35 min and the cake is ready.

10) While it cools mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice to form a glaze of dropping                       consistency.
11) Drizzle this glaze over the cake and top it with lemons.

You can have this loaf with tea or coffee or just as it is while you walk around your house hungry.
You have to store it in the fridge (rainy weather issues) but heat it for 10 seconds before you have it.

Its a lovely new flavour, you must try it out. Let me know how it turns out for you in the comments.
Also tell me if you liked my shorter version of posts. I'm experimenting and the best results could be only with your help.

Happy eating. ☺☺

Comments

Popular Posts