Dry Sewain

Civilisation known today could not have evolved nor can it sustain without having sweet dish!
And I am a firm believer of this. Like sometimes I'm amazed at how people go on no sugar diets. Its as if you have pulled everything good out of your life and all what is left is dull veggies.
(Not that I dont like veggies..but you get the point right!)


 Also I think we all should be able to atleast sustain on our own in this world where no one has time to even breathe properly let alone cook for you. Huh. And so I bring forth so many sweet dishes which are very easy to make and you can munch on them anytime.

And this time I have again something very ethnic for you which has been one of my family favourite desserts of all time. (Though we have it even for breakfast) Its light, sweet and healthy. And I call it as DRY SEWAIN.


Almost all of us must have had Sewain Kheer as its one of the most common and famous sweet dishes here in India. But then we could try newer versions of it too. Nani(grandmother) used to make this when I used to be a kid and I learnt it from her. (See how most of my recipes are direct takeaways from her)





Its lovely as a breakfast or evening snack dish. I prefer it to be mildly sweet but you can have it according to your taste.
Hope you like it and try it out on your own. Do mention in the comments your experiences and opinions. Below is the recipe and ingredient list in short.

 Follow me on facebook, instagram and twitter to get more updates on my food life.

DRY SEWAIN


INGREDIENTS

Sewain (thin and roasted)                                                  1 cup
Ghee                                                                                          2 tbsp
Sugar                                                                                         1/2 cup
Water                                                                                         1 cup
Dry fruits-roasted                                                                10-12(each)
(cashews, almonds and walnuts)               

METHOD

1) Take a skillet and put the ghee in it.
2) Add the sewain and cook it on low flame for 2 min. (Since I use pre-roasted thin sewain thats how much I need to cook it in ghee. For thicker and un roasted sewain you need to cook more until it turns brown)
3) Add water to the brown sewain (which is leaving a lovely aroma).
4) Add the sugar also. Cook until all the water is soaked and the sewain dries out.
5) Add the roasted and cut dry fruits to it. (If you don't have roasted dry fruits just take some ghee in another small skillet and roast the fresh ones until they become golden in colour. Careful..they get burnt very fast)
6) Dry sewain is ready to be served.


                                                   

Comments

Popular Posts