Chaat Papdi- Quick Homemade Chaat

Hey guys how was your Diwali? Mine was awesome. Enjoyed a lot with my family and friends. But sadly I dont have an extended weekend break (busy at work). And that's precisely the reason why Im not posting regularly. But I have got a few things lined up now..so  my baby blog wont feel neglected anymore.

As per our tradition Diwali is a synonym for lights, crackers and sweets. Yes..the last word is the key. I have had so much of these that I have decided not to touch them for months now. (Dont know how long would I be able to do that though..hehe)
And so keeping up my promise I made this. A really quick version of the Chaat Papdi that we all love. After all street food is an essential part of our life. You just cant live without having these once in a while. The mix of sweet, spicy and crunchy is what draws me to it.


What I made is just a mix of few things readily available in market. I already had them at my place and nobody wanted to have it as it is..so mixed it up to make this. And it takes just 10 min. Really!




Chat Papdi is ready. You can have it as spicy or as sweet as you like. Tell me in the comments how
you would like to have it and what all what you want to add.
For all the updates like my facebook page or follow me on twitter and instagram. 
The recipe is given below with a list of ingredients. Hope you enjoy it.

CHAAT PAPDI

INGREDIENTS

Papdi/ Chai Poori                                                  1 packet
Bhujia                                                                    1 small packet
Onion                                                                      1
Tomato                                                                   1
Green chilly (optional)                                           2-3
Lemon Juice                                                            1 tsp
Saunt Chutney (Sweet chutney)                             to taste
Green Chutney (Dhania gree chilly chutney)         to taste
Curd (optional)                                                      2-3 tbsp

METHOD

1) Take the papdi/ chai poori and crush it into pieces.
2) Chop the onion, tomato and green chillies and add these to the crushed papdi.
3) Add bhujia to this mix. You can also add roasted groundnuts for an added flavour.
4) Now add the lemon juice, Saunt chutney, Green chutney and curd.
5) Mix well and serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts