Aloo Halwa- Easy Navratri Potato Dessert

"There is always room for dessert."

I have kind of become this big dessert freak, where I skip meals to eat only dessert. (And that answers my weight gain questions) Baked, non baked, french, Asian or Indian, I like them all.

I started baking with desserts and mostly my kitchen experiments are to satisfy my sweet tooth. Having had Indian sweets and desserts since childhood, my tastebuds still do that "yay halwa bana hai" dance whenever I smell ghee inside my home. And so I definitely have to try making all those Indian sweets out there and bring for you tried, tested and easy recipes for them.

I made this super easy "Aloo Halwa" (Potato Dessert) this Navratri as it is one of those food that we have during fasts. Its fairly quick to make and is delecious (will not claim it to be healthy) and fills up your stomach and works for those "Halwa cravings". And the best part is you dont have to wait for your mom to make it. All you need are some boiled potatoes, ghee, milk, sugar and elaichi (green cardamom).






Find the recipe below and let me know how it turned out for you in the comments section.
Follow "The Warm Toast" on Instagram and Facebook for all updates on my new posts.


ALOO HALWA- INDIAN POTATO DESSERT

INGREDIENTS

Potatoes
3 boiled and mashed
Ghee
2 tbsp
Sugar
½ cup
Cashew/ Almonds
8-10 chopped
Green Cardamom
2-3
Milk
½ cup

METHOD


  1. In a pan take ghee and put the mashed boiled potatoes in it. Cook for 2-3 minutes or till it starts getting a light brown colour.
  2. Add milk, sugar, green cardamom to this and cook till all the milk is incorporated and it gets a texture of thick halwa.
  3. Add chopped nuts and serve.
  4. You can also add food colour in step 2 like I did to get the desired colour. I used green as I was experimenting with colourful halwa.
Happy Eating.


Comments

Popular Posts