Melon/ Cantaloupe Ice cream (Eggless)

I Scream! U Scream! We all Scream for Ice Cream!!!
And in summers that's all I do. I love ice creams probably more than anything else. I even have them for dinner. (Yes I have done that countless no. of times)

And so I have decided to try and make all the amazing flavours at home. Fruit flavoured ice creams are the new in thing these days. They are healthy and tasty all at once. and if you have been following me you would know that I'm making all fruit based desserts this summer.

Wanting to make the best use of seasonal fruits I made this amazingly light, creamy and chilled Melon/ Cantaloupe Ice cream. These are the melons which are slightly orange from inside and not the green ones. Melons are a rich source of water and potassium and apart from being tasty, they keep you hydrated and helps maintain a glowing skin.

The ice cream is pretty simple to make and vanished at my place in no time. Also like everything else I made it eggless. Its a different flavour I'm sure worth trying and melon lovers what more could you want. Make the most of the ice cream season and try this recipe today.



P.S: The Delhi heat really failed me this time. Trying to capture an ice cream at literally 45C (113F) with enough sunlight and no AC on(my fault), the ice cream melted even before I could click one picture. But as promised earlier (About Me), I will always share my success and failures both, because that is reality.

Hoping you still like it the same and I would be glad to see your versions of the ice cream.

MELON/ CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM (EGGLESS)

INGREDIENTS

Musk Melon
1 cup
Full Cream Milk
1 litre
Heavy Cream
2 cup
Honey
4 tbsp
Vanilla Essence
1 tsp
Cornflour
1 tbsp

METHOD

  1. Take 3/4 cup of milk in a saucepan and boil it. Now keep it on low heat and let it simmer to come down half of what it was. (Tip: Keep stirring or the milk may get burnt at the bottom)
  2. Add the vanilla essence and honey in this milk. Let it cool at room temperature.
  3. Take the remaining cold milk in a bowl and mix the cornflour.
  4. Add this to the prepared milk above.
  5. Now add the heavy cream to this milk.
  6. Keep it in the freezer for an hour or more until it freezes a little.(not like a rock)
  7. Meanwhile take the melons, and mash them with a hand blender. Since they have a lot of water content you can wring off a little water and keep more of the pulp.
  8. Now add these to the slightly frozen milk and churn it in a mixer once or with a hand blender/beater. You would want to repeat the churn process in the mixer once more if the ice cream isn't smooth enough after freezing for another hour.
  9. If you like to have some pieces in between, add a few small melon pieces to this mixture.
  10. Now keep it to freeze 4-5 hours. Your ice cream is ready. Serve it with nuts, mint leaves and ja drizzle of honey.

Comments

Popular Posts