No Bake Eggless Banana Trifles

Fruits are slowly becoming an essential part of my lifestyle. Whether having them raw for breakfast, making healthy snacks out of them or using them to create amazing desserts; I have fallen in love with their versatility. Also, these days I am increasingly trying to make my recipes healthy. And that's leading to a lot of experiments in my kitchen, which you have been seeing on the blog.

And as part of these experiments, I made these super yummy NO BAKE EGGLESS BANANA TRIFLES. Believe me, it has been one of the easiest desserts to put together. And everyone, literally, friends and family both loved it to bits. And I had made this as part of the FIFA World Cup finals dinner dessert. Though I was hoping Croatia to win, and the trifles to become the celebratory dessert, they sadly lost to France and these yummy glasses of banana, custard and cream became our comfort dessert instead.

Since, I didn't have a lot of time in hand, as I had to watch the match too, I wanted to make something super quick, yet nothing with chocolate (which is my general favourite). All I had to do was to make the custard which takes 10 min, whip up some cream, cut 2 bananas, crush a digestive biscuit (optional) and layer them in a glass. Chilled them in fridge by the time I watched the match and had dinner. And the dessert is ready.


Trifles are very easy and yummy desserts to put together and incorporate the flavours of multiple ingredients and that too in no time. Just remember not to mix beef and ladyfingers with this one! (I totally love this episode of Friends- The One Where Ross Got High)

Scroll down for the recipe of this delectable no bake treat in a glass. Follow The Warm Toast on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for updates on all new recipes.

NO BAKE EGGLESS BANANA TRIFLES

INGREDIENTS


Bananas
2
Custard powder
3 tsp
Sugar
3-4 tsp
(more if you like sweeter)
Milk
½ litre
Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup
Digestive Biscuits
10
Honey/ Nuts/ Caramel Syrup
For topping (optional)

METHOD

  1. Make the custard with 1/2 litre milk as per the directions on the packet. Let it cool.
  2. Take 1 cup heavy whipping cream and whip it forming firm peaks. You can also use store bought whipped cream directly.
  3. Slice the bananas. (They will blacken if kept outside for too long, so beware!)
  4. Crush a packet of digestive biscuits.
  5. Now take clean glasses and layer. Start with a layer of biscuit, then custard, then whipped cream, bananas, custard and finally whipped cream. Top it off with bananas or nuts that you like. You can also put some caramel or honey on top.
  6. Chill in the fridge for 15 min. Banana trifles are ready to be served.
Happy Eating!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts