Eggless Gingerbread Cookies- Gingerbread Village Series (Part 1)

'Tis the season to bake!

Its Christmas eve today and I have been baking a storm since yesterday to prep up for the most fun and beautiful holiday time of the year. I'm actually on Holidays from work (office not blog) because I have exams but I'm using my time to whip up some super amazing and easy recipes for you all.

Most of you would have sorted your Christmas dinner preparation I'm sure, but for those laggards (like me) who did not have time to create an elaborate dinner setup I have this super easy ensemble for you. Christmas calls for GINGERBREAD in all forms and shapes. Froom cookies, to cakes to even beverages, houses and men are everywhere. Because of course its tasty and they look so cute.

So here to the Christmas flavour an EGGLESS GINGERBREAD COOKIE recipe that is made with Whole Wheat flour (yayy on the healthier route) and sweetened with DIY Molasses. So you would have all the ingredients right inside your kitchen, no need to run to the store to start with this tasty cookies.



Also, I HAVEN'T used any COOKEI CUTTERS for this recipe. The DIY person I am, I just made 2-3 pencil drawings on a butter paper and cut them to use as a stencil. And then my good old knife did rest of the cookie cutting job.
You can definitely use cookie cutters (they make life simple and fast) but I didn't have them with me so took the longer route.

The last part to this cookie story is the icing on the cookie. Its simple whipped cream (I just don't prefer royal icing because of its sweetness) Trust me I had so much fun icing these cookies and making those beautiful mini homes, I literally made an entire village out of it.
And that's where we leave for Part 2 of the GINGERBREAD VILLAGE SERIES where I'll bring to you an even easier Eggless Gingerbread Cake with this cookies village. On the blog soon.

For now, scroll down for the recipe and start baking now!

GINGERBREAD COOKIES EGGLESS

INGREDIENTS

Whole Wheat Flour
1.5 cups
Baking Powder
½ tsp
Brown Sugar
½ cup
Cinnamon Powder
1 tsp
Ground spice mix
¾ tsp
Vanilla Essence
1 tsp
Salt
½ tsp
Unsalted butter (white/makkhan)
¾ cup
Milk
4-5 tsp
Oil
3-4 tsp
Molasses (1/2 cup brown sugar + 2 tbsp water)
DIY in method below.
Whipped Cream
½ cup


METHOD

  1. The Dry Ingredients: Mix together flour, ground spices, salt and baking powder.
  2. The Sweet & Wet Ingredients: In another bowl mix the white butter, oil, powdered brown sugar and Vanilla essence. Beat till fluffy.
  3. DIY Molasses: Take 1/2 cup brown sugar and add 2 tbsp. of water to it. Now cook this until the syrup becomes dark brown and thick (dripping consistency). 
  4. Mix & Knead: Now mix all the three parts above to get a crumbly mixture. Start kneading the dough using 3-4 tbsp of milk. (Use more if needed)
  5. Wrap & Roll: Before using the dough needs to set. Roll and wrap it in sandwich paper and keep it in freezer for 20 min.
  6. Cookie Cutting: Cut the gingerbread cookie dough into desired shapes with cookie cutters or knife & stencils.
  7. Bake it off: Preheat the oven at 180C. Place the cookies in sheets and on middle rack. Bake it for 9-10min. They will be light brown in colour. Let them cool.
  8. Icing: Take some whipped cream in a piping bag with the smallest point tip. Alternatively you can make your own piping bag with plastic sheet and cut the smallest of point. Ice out your creative and cute gingerbread houses. Let it stand for 30 min and they are ready to serve.
Hope you like this easy Gingerbread cookie recipe. The original recipe is by Kanan from Spice Up the Curry. I have edited it for my own use. 

Merry Christmas guys!

Comments

Popular Posts