Welcome to The Warm Toast!

Before welcoming you and saying my formal hii lets get on with a little question answer round here. I’ll be answering the questions don’t worry about that.

What is a warm toast?

What do you do when you are super hungry, there is nothing really tasty in your fridge, you don’t know any fancy recipe(very lazy to make even if you know) and what you can see is only a loaf of bread lying in the kitchen corner . You put some butter on it and toast. Yess a warm toast...your saviour. Tummy full. Easy as that.

What’s it got to do here?

Warm toast signifies the life of each one of us who have been a little lazy at cooking and also its something each one of us can relate to. Very easy and filling. Its what you do. Its what I do.
So this was the origin of the name of my blog.

So this is a food blog?

Yup it is a food blog. Yeah I know there are so many already out there with plenty of good recipes and delectable treats.  I follow a lot of them. They have inspired me.
I’ll let out a little secret ..I couldn’t cook for a living (I still can’t). Kitchen was off limits for me. I considered it my mom’s department. But you know instances occur and you find love. And yes I did.
Let me take you into a little flashback here-(black and white your imagination ok) it was a summer evening..one of those when you have a serious sugar craving(did I tell you I love anything sweet and edible!) There was this one piece of cake I was searching for which I couldn’t find (tears). And thanks to my savior Google I got a 5 minute mug cake recipe and there I was gorging on a yummy chocolate cake. And that my dear was my first successful step inside the kitchen (yeah I have had a few really bad ones before). And this was also the start of a new journey in my life.
Now I’m in an affair with cooking and especially baking. It’s been a while now that I have been trying my hand at different types of dishes, strutting around in the kitchen(and sometimes breaking stuff too).  Not every try turns out well but it does teach me what and how I should do things.



So this is a diary of kitchen wars?
Yes it’s going to be my journal recording everything from success to failures I experience as a novice in the kitchen. I planned to record all these so that sometime in future I could look back and smile(and sometimes laugh too).

I have a few missions lined up too:
  • Make things that you can sometime try as well(when your mom isn’t around or when your inner chef calls you)
  • Tell you all those places where you can go wrong . Basically putting forward all my mistakes.(which are going to be a lot)
  • And bring something yummy out of those ingredients that are available to me(I always have an under stocked pantry. I’m a sloth. Also you know how difficult it is to find appropriate ingredients here in Delhi. Sad.)

Wait, I have list of thanks to say:

To my family -who are eating everything that I make (and tolerating the ones which even I don't eat. Hehe). And Shreya (my sister) for being the best critic to all my dishes.
To my grandmother (nani) - whose head I’ve been eating for all the recipes and tips and for sharing all her culinary experiences and kitchen items with me. Thank you so much.
To Google and recipe books- really what would I do without u!
To my friends- who were constantly nagging and pushing me to start this blog.
To my taste buds and my memory- for remembering Ingredients and imagining tastes as well (yeah I do that sometimes).

So welcome to the warm toast. Have a happy reading experience and eating too (if you by chance make anything I do). And if you would like to know more about me u can find it ‘here’.

I’ll be back soon with my first recipe.

Happy blogging.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts