Chocolate Mousse eggless

All I want is peace, love , understanding and a chocolate bar that is bigger than my head!!

And when even that bar isn't enough for all my cravings I move on to other things.
Other things being anything that has this very ingredient in abundance.



If you ask my friends(or just come open my freezer) you will find a 365 days stock of chocolates of all kinds from all places. (Yes, I know..you are totally jealous of me right now)
And then when you come down to my fridge you will find other dishes with chocolate.
And presently its layered glasses full of - Chooclate Mousse, Cookies Crumbs, Rose Cake and Vanilla Buttercream Icing.
And let me tell you, it tastes even better than it sounds. Ha ha!


And you could make this too. Because I know how much you love chocolates and that you are falling for this dessert even before you read the recipe.

(Should I rename my blog to something more chocolaty? I mean its becoming so chocolate dominated and I cant even help. 
And god plzzz keep my weight at bay.)

So long story short, lets get on with this very easy to make eggless mousse that you are going to love to bits.

MAKING THE MOUSSE

You need only few ingredients. Milk, cocoa, cornflour, sugar, essence and a little butter. Yeah you read it right.. That's all you need.

You need 4 cups of milk. 
Now warm one cup of milk and add 1/4 cup of cornflour. Mix really well because it tends to form a lot of lumps.
Now take another cup of milk. Heat it for 30 sec. Add 1/2 cup cocoa (or less if you want it less darker). Mix it well too
Take a heavy bottom sauce pan ( or rather whichever you have that can fit in all these)
Pour the cocoa milk. Add 1 cup powdered sugar. Now add the remaining 2 cups of fresh milk, vanilla essence and 1 tsp butter.
Bring it to boil. Let it simmer for 2 min.
Now pour the cornflour mix into this. Remember you have to constantly mix while you do this because it will thicken really fast and you dont want lumps. I used my whisk to mix it on the heat to avoid a lumpy mousse.
And its done. Pour it into glasses and chill for 2-3 hours.


NOTE: Initially according to the recipe I had just mixed all the ingredients together at a go and it became all lumpy. So I tried it again (using my own small brain cells this time) and made it with these easy steps. 

LAYERING

 I layered it with a 1 minute rose cake. You can get its chocolate version recipe here. I just avoided cocoa powder and added rose essence to get a rosey taste.
I also layered it with some cashew cookie crumbs. They were lying around in my pantry. You can use any cookie you like.
And I made some butter cream icing to top it off. It really complements the dark chocolate flavour of mousse. You can flavour the icing whichever way you want.
Also you can put some chocolate shavings, kitkat pieces, nuts, gems or any other thing that you love to give it a  really personal touch.

It can also become a lovely birthday or anniversary gift. Its highly customised and a  unique way to say that you dont care for their diet plan. LOL
I used it as a birthday surprise instead of the conventional bday cake. And it was a hit. ☻

Below is the recipe for the mousse. I really dont remember where I got this recipe from..because it was long ago and so Im really sorry i couldnt give credit to the original version. But this one is a highly altered method.


CHOCOLATE MOUSSE (EGGLESS)

INGREDIENTS

Milk                                                               4 cups
Cocoa powder                                             1/2 cup (less if you want it lighter)
Sugar                                                             1 cup
Cornflour                                                     1/4 cup
Vanilla/Chocolate Essence                     1 tsp
Butter (salted)                                            1 tsp

METHOD

1) Heat 1 cup milk for 30 sec and mix cornflour in it. Mix really well to avoid lumps.
2) Heat another cup of milk for 30 sec and add cocoa powder to it.
3) In a heavy bottom saucepan put the cocoa milk, sugar and essence.
4) Add the remaining 2 cups of fresh milk and bring to boil. Let it simmer for 2 minutes. Add the butter.
5) Now add the cornflour milk. Keep mixing to avoid lumps. You can use a whisk for this.
6) Once it thickens bring down from flame.
7) Pour it into glasses, layer with cake, cookie crumbs, butter cream iciing, white chocolate chips, gems, nuts etc.
8) Chill for 3-4 hours.

Hope you enjoy making and eating it.
 Do tell me in the comments your experiences and your versions of toppings. ☺☻


Comments

Popular Posts