Banoffee Pie- A Banana and Choco-Caramel dessert

"Life is so much better with whipped cream on top."

I love whipped cream!
As much as I love chocolates. And I mean it! I just have to see that lovely white sweet cloud over any food and the next minute you will find me gorging all of it. ☺

And as I promised all of you about discussing all the challenges faced by an amateur food blogger, one of the biggest issues was finding heavy whipping cream. Believe me its tough to find it in Delhi if you are a novice and know little about it. But finally with lots of research I did find good ones in different ranges. And now when I got it there was no looking back. Seriously there are times when I take the pain of whipping up the cream to eat as it is. Cravings you see!

P.S; You want to know about the whipped creams and heavy whipping creams available and those I use, you can mail me at my email id- thewarmtoast@gmail.com and I'll try my best to guide you.



So, now coming to the story of this Banoffee Pie that I tried, one of my friends had put a picture of herself eating it(jealous me) and as soon as I saw that wispy cloudy cream over it, I knew this was my next experiment.

Turned out to be really easy and super duper yummy. And the plus point is that its a very fancy looking dish you can strut about in front of your friends and family.

Have a look at the simple procedure below.





Now that you have had a look at this delicious healthy dessert I know you just can't stop and want to make one asap! But before that a few points you should remember.
  • Be careful with your pie crust. Its very delicate. Be generous while using the butter to mix with crushed digestives. Your crust will form the base and it is very important for it to hold on. It can make or break(literally) the dish.
    P.s : I broke the side of the crust a little if you noticed. So be really gentle with this baby.
  • Chill overnight the crust for the same reasons above. Let it harden well.
  • Use nice ripe but not slimy bananas. It will ruin all that symmetrical beauty of layering.
  • Spread the whipped cream with a spoon to get a raw, unfinished look like mine. You can also pipe it from a piping bag to get that swirly look to your pie.
  • Serve it chilled otherwise the whipped cream might melt (you know the heat in Delhi).
One of the tastiest and easiest experiments I did..you do it too. Tell me your questions and suggestions on my instagram page, facebook page, twitter handle or just mail them to me.

The recipe is given below.

BANOFFEE PIE


INGREDIENTS


FOR THE CRUST
Digestive biscuits                                                                     10(small packet)
Butter melted                                                                            1/4 cup(more if required)

FOR THE PIE
Caramel Chocolate (I simply melted silk caramel)                   1/4 cup
Banana                                                                                        1 large
Whipped Cream                                                                         1 cup
Grated/shaved chocolate( for garnishing)                                  2-3 tbsp

METHOD

  1. Crush the digestive biscuits and add melted butter to make a coarse mix.
  2. Take a large tart tin and line it with sandwich paper. It will help to remove the crust easily from the tart tin.
  3. Now, apply the biscuit mix evenly onto the tart tin and chill overnight so that it hardens and holds the shape.
  4. Remove it from the tart tin- VERY CAREFULLY- Its delicate and can break.
  5. Apply the melted Caramel Chocolate over the crust first.
  6. Cut the banana into slices and arrange it on the crust. (see the picture above)
  7. Now put the whipped cream over it with spoon or a piping bag.
  8. Garnish with grated/shaved chocolate.
  9. Serve chilled. ☺
For updates on all my recipes and other food stories follow me on instagram , facebook or twitter.
Happy Eating. ☺


Comments

  1. Pictures are so tempting. I am sure it tasted as good as it looks.
    Cakes Delhi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aadhira. It vanished within seconds I completed its shoot :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts