Eggless Banana Cake/ Bread

I started baking with this recipe. This best ever Eggless Banana Cake/ Bread is an all time favourite at my home since the day I made it for the first time. So much so that my parents bring bananas and literally force me to make it again and again. This cake will be close to my heart forever as its not just a cake but the starter of lovely conversations over tea, cake and savouries. It makes my family come together and sit with each other keeping aside our busy lives.

Its slightly sweet and very soft texture makes it a great companion of evening tea or coffee. Simply covering it with whipped cream makes it a yummy birthday cake too. Its just perfect for all occasions.

And after making it for like the past 5-6 years I have finally decided to share this recipe since a lot of people have asked me for it. And here it is the best Eggless Banana Cake recipe.




EGGLESS BANANA CAKE

INGREDIENTS

Bananas (ripe and mashed)
3-4 (large)
Flour
1 cup
Powdered Sugar
¾ cup
Baking Powder
1 ¼  tsp
Baking Soda
½ tsp
Yogurt
1 cup
Cooking Oil
½ cup
Vanilla Essence
1 tsp

METHOD

  1. Take the dry ingredients- flour (sifted), powdered sugar, salt, and mix together.
  2. Now take the yogurt and add baking powder and soda. Leave it for a minute and let it rise.
  3. Mash the bananas in a bowl. 
  4. Now add the flour, yogurt and oil to the mashed banana slowly in 3 parts. Fold well. Don't overfold as it will lose its incorporated air.
  5. Now add vanilla essence.
  6. Preheat the oven at 180 C.
  7. Grease a 6 inch round cake tin with oil and dust with flour. Pour the batter into the greased cake tin.
  8. Bake for 30-35 min at 180C. Check after 30 min and then keep more accordingly as the oven temperatures differ for each oven.
Quick and tasty banana cake for your entire family to enjoy during snacks. Let me know the comments variations you like in the cake.

Happy Baking!

Comments

Popular Posts